Saturday, August 14, 2010

the path less trodden

I've been blog hopping quite a lot lately, and every page I visit, people seem to be doing the same one particular thing.

And I'm gonna try it today :


scarf : Tie Rack
top : Paul Smith
jeans : dvb for Rock&Republic
bag : Longchamp Le Pliage

Yikess!! Ok, so my wardrobe ain't that great, or fancy for that matter.
Nobody will be interested anyway.
That'll probably be my first and last attempt. Hehe.

Anyhow, the real topic for the day is a colleague's farewell.
She was on annual leave for five weeks before, for a dance workshop in the States. 
That was when I came into the picture and took over all her jobs. 
So my internship is actually replacing someone, doing her work, rather than learning about the business.
But then again, I don't have any complaint as I reckon I learn more quickly doing real tasks. I started communicating with counter parties and providers, quoting contractual agreements since day one.

Was I scared? Of course.
Do I love it? Oh yes!

But when she came back to the office last week, she brought a good (or bad) news for souvenir.
She wants to become a professional dancer! and was leaving the office.
Now that she's got everything, the road seems clear and unwound.
Won a dancing competition. Check. Feature in a dancing film. check.
attend seminar and workshops, meet the gurus. check. check. check

So, last Friday, we went out for lunch to celebrate her new career.


- I couldn't fast, so I coyly accepted her invitation for lunch. lol. -

She's an inspiration, I daresay.
She's very courageous to leave behind a secure, well-paid job in order to pursue her passion and dream.
This is a person who graduated with a first class honour in engineering.
From a reputable university in the uk.
Worked with high ranked companies in the country.
Paid, of course, well enough to feed her family for 15 more years.
Nevertheless, she's a woman to be looked up to.

Brrrppp.. excuse me =D

No comments: