Monday, August 9, 2010

A-maze-ing

I've figured out long ago why me and history can never get along,
like water in a cup of oil.

And a very long list of reasons appeared.

1. I don't remember dates.
2. I'm terrible at memorising names.
3. Numbers make me go giddy.
4. If you have more than one name, chances are I'm gonna just smile and nod and smile again whenever we meet.
5. I've got everything mixed up in that little space of my brain, hence I'm never a fan of sequential stories.
6. No I can't remember names.
7. What? Which one? When?? Who..??

However, sometimes, the stories themselves are really interesting and entertaining.
They are worth that five minutes of your life, read or listened to.
For example


So, when a giant bush came out in the middle of Trafalgar Sq last week,
with the promise of a free ride back to London West End in the 19th century, I was excited.

And the long queue got me more intrigued.


It was the final day, I knew I had to go before they take it down.

Soon we were already in the line, soaked and cold.
I took my glasses out, a pen and a notebook.
Tried that nerdy high school student look, but couldn't pull it off.
I gave up and put everything back in.

And, the first signboard I saw?
Read the history in the first photo.
Fascinating eh?


Then, my office, The Strand.
Ohh.. let's try this.
Apparently, an actor was murdered in the train station near the street,
and it is believed that the staircase is still haunted by his ghost.
Until today.


But there are two stations close to the office, 
Embankment and Charing Cross.
I wonder which one of those.
I'm pretty sure it's not the latter, because there's where I stop every morning, and go back in the evening.
Sheessh, the thought alone is mind-dusturbing.


Anyway, we managed to find the way out, yeaayayay!!

No comments: