Sunday, August 15, 2010

In my honest opinion..

Way back in high school, I couldn't be bothered to pat toner on my face every morning, apply sunscreen after moisturiser, then foundation, concealer, powder and the list goes on.
I lived on with a tube of cleanser and a bottle of night cream.


My two saviours

But when I came to the uk, I started to experience skin irritation. I could not just use any over the counter facial product. I noticed redness and dry patches everywhere, pimples kept coming unwelcomed and skin peeled off like it was nobody's business. I found myself depressed and my self-esteem plummeted 3563742 feet down the ground.

I blamed the weather, the long lecture hours, the postman for my delayed letters, the cars exhaust, the grumpy neighbour and practically every little thing that I supposed could affect my hormone. haha. I became one super emotional girl.

Then one day, I saw the Bio Oil advert on TV. Quite convincing with their larger than world claims plus they've got Oprah backing them up, so I went to the pharmacy and grabbed a bottle.


But after months and months of waiting, there was no significant change. The skin was still dry, it even got worse at times that I found myself back to my own dark, solitary confinement.

I then tried numerous products. From no brand to Dermalogica to SK II. Nothing works. But some three months ago, I saw this while walking up the stairs at Shepherd's Bush.

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair

Since it's already time for me to give anti-ageing products a little thought and given that this serum has won many rewards, why not try it right? I didn't expect miracle overnight of course, but it has made quite a big difference to the appearance of my skin. And most importantly, no dry patches anymore, phewww...

Anyway, if, still, nothing works just buy that bulky expensive slr camera and it will do magic to your pictures. Hehe.


I don't really like the smell of the serum though

4 comments:

A Mutalib said...

Bio oil made my skin worse! :(

Aneta said...

hi, blog walking. Do you use EL moisturiser with the serum?

budi said...

try vaseline! sounds kelakar but works like a charm on dry skin!

Y A Z I R A said...

aini : ao0ooo! good to know someone's in the same boat =D I finished the whole big bottle taw, still no change. Are u still using it?

aneta : hello! no I don't, I'm still using the body shop night cream as I find it very suitable for my skin. But I think I'll consider Estee Lauder moisturiser once this is empty as they should work better together right.

budi : Yep! I use it from time to time especially when desperate cause it works instantly =) but doesn't really help fixing.. hehe