Monday, August 16, 2010

LondonCycleHire

Only god knows when was the last time I intensively stretched all my muscle and moved the joints. I let them hibernate for years and I haven't been to the gym for so long, let alone running and jogging. The closest activity to running that I do regularly and very proud of is walking, for 10 minutes that is. Yes, I'm living a very unhealthy life.

However, I somehow gained a lot of unwanted energy to do sports recently. It came out of nowhere, I tell you. I went dancing, running, swimming, playing wii sports whenever there's chance and I've finally lifted these up for the first time after keeping them among the junks for four months!! =)


Anyway, when a friend got himself the Boris Johnson's cycle hire membership, I became too envious that I registered myself there and then. And three days later, I found this envelope in the mailbox and it's got the famous Transport for London logo on it.

the envelope
YippieHippie!! I was so excited !

Today after work, Ika and I planned to go out walking to enjoy and appreciate the city. We met at Leicester Square where Angeline Jolie was having her red carpet for the movie SALT, with the hope to get at least a glimpse of her but it was too crowded. We were like hobbits amongst a horde of screaming giants. Thank god there was no stampede.

So we half-heartedly left the place and went cycling instead.

on your mark.
It was so much fun!! We went round the Hyde Park and left the bicycles at Lancaster Gate. There are hundreds of docking stations across the city, so it's really convenient to just grab one at your office and return it next to your house.

get set.
go!!!
By the way, this is currently available to members only, registered via their website. Bicycle hire for casual use is coming soon! I know it may not be the first of its kind, Melbourne has it, Paris has it, but it's definitely something Londoners have been waiting for decades.


Oh, the bicycle comes with a bell. Only the rattan basket is missing..

8 comments:

milo said...

why r u wearing a mac@jacket? still sejuk ke?
its super hot sini okayyyyy :(

Y A Z I R A said...

milo : it is!!!!!!! british summer....

ddreamer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ddreamer said...

yup. melbourne has it!! hehe

Y A Z I R A said...

nazir: I know, nazir!! Thanks to Boris Johnson the great, London now has it toooo haha *tongue in cheek* We can cycle together, hehe. Anyway how long has it been there in Melbourne do u know?

ddreamer said...

baru jugak la Yaz. there start putting those bicycle in the city early this year. sebelum tu kalau tak silap kene sewa kat kedai mcm tu. if i'm not mistaken. Go healthy life!

basir said...

Bestnya!!! cant wait to try!! haha

Y A Z I R A said...

Nazir: Yes!! Go healthy life!! haha

Basir: ohh get the key and we can go cycling later. but winter park tutup awal laaa =(