Sunday, August 29, 2010

Food Galore


Ok. you can stop drooling now.
And swallow whatever you have in the mouth.

Sometimes I do crave for one of those soggy yet finger-licking-good Ramlee burgers in malaysia. I remember when I was in high school, my dad would get hungry at midnight. He would then go to usj 9 (subang jaya) and bring back small square yellow polystyrene packs. They were from this one little stall with radiator-powered fluorescent light at the corner of a shop lot, managed by a group of youngsters. The meat was halved and cooked on the big hot pan, then it was nicely wrapped in egg with barbecue sauce and mayonaise on top and a bag of fries to complement it. Gulp.


Well, back to reality, we might not get Ramlee burger anywehere here, but GBK's burgers are the yummiest ever in the uk. They're quite pricey but every single piece that goes through your digestive system is worth every penny spent. You'll be wanting more before you know it, and that's why these people bought another one each for sahur.


Chicken with Camembert & Cranberry.


Talking about food reminds me of Ramadhan Bazaar, the only place where we're allowed to be seen with a both hands full with food without inviting unwanted looks because everyone surround you is also starving. 

I.Can't.Wait.

Ohh, that also reminds me of the time when we took a non-malaysian friend to have dinner at Malaysia Hall one day. We ordered rendang, kerabu and ikan bakar for him and he started to eat. We got quite nervous inside, unsure of how his reaction would be. But after a very long and excruciating silence, he broke it off with an aahhhhh.. and started saying no wonder when my mates came back from Malaysia, all they talked about was food, food and food. There I was, suddenly a proud Malaysian.

Anyway, I would really love to be able to have every adventures I've had in this country at the back of my head, but being an engineering student means I was forced to dump everything here instead. The past, present and future. No I'm not trying to air my dirty laundry for you to criticize (although welcomed) but merely a diary where I can look back in twenty years to remind the youthful enthusiasm I once had.

So cheers to the beginning of the journey..

2 comments:

Janna said...

Nampak sedap la yaz!

Anonymous said...

ktorang tapau utk sahur bcoz ika lied, dia ckp kenyang mkn 1 burger! hahaha.and by the time i arrived manor city dat night, da lapar, trus abiskn burger yg ditapau. isk3

-acipz