Monday, June 28, 2010

Receipts

Hollygollyjolijoo

I'm blogging from the office, which is obviously forbidden.
But I've done all the work assigned.
And now chillax-ing, checking emails and doing some online shoppings.
A good employee, aren't I?

Anyway,
Ever since I started working a few days ago (haha),
I've been a bit obsessed with work related stuffs.
Well, with "stuffs" I meant something I can find in shops along Oxford Street or in Westfield.
Hehe.
I've developed the need to shop for office wears lately.
From scarfs to shoes.
From stationeries to watches.
From make up to socks.
Ok, the last one was a lie, I don't wear makeup.
But u get the idea.

However, I've got one bad habit, which I myself detest.
I usually dump all the bags in one corner of the room,
and completely forget all about the "stuffs",
until the time when I'm really in need of them.

My room is a mess now,
I can't even find my pants.


And since debit card is so popular here,
I failed to keep track of my expenditures.

Then one day I was playing with the display iPhone in the Apple store,
while waiting for Man's appointment with the genius bar.
My intention was to look at what sort of Apps do they have in the phones,
and I found a very interesting application called Receipts.

It helps you log all your spending, categorise them, put a little note like I got this for 99% off the retail price and take pictures of the receipt.
Just so you won't have the where-did-my-money-go moment at the end of every month,
or when you check your bank account to find out you're only left with £20 until the next allowance comes in, which is three weeks away.
(Excuse me, I'm not telling based on experience. Hehe *smile sheepishly*)

So I went back, downloaded the free version and I got seriously addicted.
I searched for any receipts,
under the bed, in the pockets, behind the sofa, everywhere.

The application is really helpful.
Unfortunately, the free version only allows you to store up to 10 receipts.
But I've bought the paid version now.
And I tell you I can't stop taking pictures of receipts.
Even when they're not mine.
Haha.

These are some of the examples of what I've logged in.






You can see the picture of the receipt at the bottom.


And you can have the overall financial report emailed to you as well.

I think the application is meant for businessmen and travellers with the default categories being 'Travel, Dining, Lodging, etc"
But I changed them to "Accessories, Books, Shoes, Bags, etc"

Anyway!
One big downside of this application is,
I feel like collecting receipts all the time,
which basically means,
more and more shopping.

And it's a coincidence that I just received my first paycheck today, yippie!!!



No comments: