Saturday, July 3, 2010

Food...

I'll be in London for the whole of summer,
so there's nothing more I miss about Malaysia other than the food.
A good one I mean.
A delicious one, that makes the saliva drool over your shirt.

After a very long week of work,
I went back from the office on Friday to find this on the table.



Home-cooked Chicken Rice!!

And now stop imagining me clumsily eating the food.
Because I did control myself.
Hehe. For half a minute I did.

Anyway, I haven't had chicken rice for ages,
as it can nowhere be found in London.
Not that I know of, at least.
Oh, except for those Halal chinese restaurants.
But the taste is of course different,
nothing like ours.


Anyway, the chicken was superbly nice and tenderly cooked,
with butter and oyster sauce, honey and a slight taste of ground black pepper.
The rice was perfect, just enough amount of water, and butter.
The soup? Haha. I know the chef used chicken stock only.

But it was the best Malaysian food I've ever had in London.

Now let's meet the chef


and the co-chef. Hehe.


This is actually my second time doing "real" cooking since I got here.
First was Curry Noodle I prepared with Laila.
It was a huge success for a first-timer!!




I know everybody had three rounds each.

No comments: