Saturday, June 12, 2010

Y is the letter

I suddenly remember the 'Induction Week' we had at college.
It was during the first few days of school, and of course everyone were strangers to each other.
As usual, we were divided into small groups.
And these are the people whom you'd have to swear to die with.
Haha.
Okay, that was an exaggeration.

Anyhow, the one particular group activity I vividly remember is the ice-breaking.
Because that was when I met a new friend.
It was a coincidence that we were put in the same group.

It didn't take long to find out that we share the same birth date.
and same hometown too.
same college house.
and even NAMES.

Well, not exactly the same, but her name is Yasirah.
Both sound very similar that we managed to confuse a whole lot of people.


We used to argue on whose parents copied whose idea in naming their daughters.
I have a married sister name Yazmin, and her youngest is Yasmin.
And she's merely twelve.
See?
Boo! Hehe.

But of course, I'd lose when it comes to our names.

She was born exactly a month before me, May 27th.
And that's the one thing she stands so proud of til today. pfft.
Ah well, I just decided to stay a little longer in my mummy's comfy womb until 27th of June came.


Since both of us live in Shah Alam, it's really fun hanging out together.
In fact, I see her face all the time!
There's no headache thinking of where to go today,
should we drive or take the train,
what time to meet,
do we have enough time to do this and that
etc.

Everything is impromptu.
I can even wear my pyjamas to see her.
and we can go to the most boring mall in Shah Alam, and still laugh out so loud.


Anyway, she's here in London for a couple of days.
We're still fighting over the names and birthdate, hehe.

o0ooo, we went to a really good Thai restaurant at Kilburn for lunch.
It's called Spicy Basil.
For £4.80 per plate, I say it's the best for the tummy and also the wallet =)


Gina & Ass (I can't remember who came up with these names)



Another two papers, allez allez!

3 comments:

Soraya said...

awwwwwwwww :)

Yasirah Yusra said...

Gina, this is so sweet! gina n ass haha.

thank you for such a lovely post. it is still a bizzare thing that we were in the same group kan. haha. ''YAZ/S!'' , then dua2 pandang lol.

ps: remember..MINUMAN PANAS ;)

a k | said...

lol yaz...ko tak ngaku dah subang hometown lame ko ke kih3...:D

btw cik yasirah...ili rindu ko arituh...and please your new housemate's ass for me and yaz plz :D