Monday, June 21, 2010

Harrods

When Qatari royals took over  Harrods from Al-Fayed,
there were rumours flying around the atmosphere about the possibility of them not wanting to do any summer sale or any price cutting in general.
And all our hopes went crashing down the River Thames.
*sob,sob*

But hey!
A month later,
they announced the sale dates *yippie*
And posters were paraded through London streets, on the red busses.
okay, I've inserted a wee element of exaggeration. Hehe.

So, last saturday was Harrod's first day of the Big Sale.
Honestly, I don't think that's what they call it,
but let's just pretend that it is.
We got up very early, counting down every second to nine a.m.

These were taken at seven in the morning.
Look at the ohhhh-I-can't-wait-I-can't-wait-but-we-gotta-be-cool faces.



We arrived at half to nine, and saw these ladies performing in front of Harrods.
I'm not really sure what the function was,
but they were really amazing!


Anyhowww.
Remember this post?
I've been wanting to get the MBMJ bag, and that was exactly my aim for the day.
Grab the bag and leave a soon as possible,
because we both had to facilitate Perwakilan's activity at 11am.

And guess what! I got it!!
But I didn't buy Dr. Q Groovee as I found it too big for my liking,
so I went for a smaller one with very similar design you can't even tell the difference,
Baby Groovee satchel.
The names are the same, of course. Haha.

The only problem is..
I got it in green. Yes, green!
There were four colours available, but I thought green was the most unique and vibrant and not everyone will go for it.
I didn't take me long to pay, and we went to Queensway straightaway.

Later that day, I received a very long I-wouldn't-let-my-wife-buy-that-bag lecture by Man and the boys,
on the 'practicality' of the colour.
That it doesn't go with most of my outfits.
And everybody will be looking at you.
And you can get that bag anywhere in Pasar Malam.
And can u refund the bag??

Why am I listening to them again?
I have no idea.
But their words caused a stir in my head.

Now, I need girls' opinion! Please help.


Big Day today,

4 comments:

Sam said...

"And everybody will be looking at you" <-- Yes, you want to be seen wearing that! That's the whole point. You will stand out!

Don't listen to them. Keep the bag. It's definitely a keeper!!

Y A Z I R A said...

thanks, sam =) I'll definitely keep it..! Never mind what people say, I love the colour to boots.

Yazrina Yusoff said...

i sukaaaaaaaaaa i baru nampak tadi dkt airport!! the exact same bag! bagus, bole pinjam wakaka!

Y A Z I R A said...

Weehee!!! I like the bag too!!