Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Why Men Love Bitches

HA HA.

Ok, this entry has nothing to do with the title, pardonnez-moi. It's just a book I found at mph this morning, which has successfully gotten me literally sitting down on the floor, reading while waiting for my mum. It's really interesting, as the catchy title suggests. And I'd recommend this to all the ladies out there. Go grab the book, and listen to Miss Sherry Argov.

Another good book which I can certainly vouch for is "Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man" as it brings us into men's minds. Why this book? Because it's written by a man, for all women. That's Mr. Steve Harvey we're talking about.

Source : Google.com
Anyway, my loved ones are very well aware of my fondness for kuey teow goreng, and self help books. I used to soak myself up in novels, ignoring everything else at times, when I was younger. But as I grew older (and wiser I may add), I learned that novels are liars. They take you into the realm of fantasy, which more often than not, is opposite to our dear life. So instead, I started picking up motivational and educational books at bookstores, or business if both are not available. Call me a nerd, but blame it on my dad. He has a huge collection of these books in his library, from where I routinely steal.

Obviously, I'm not entirely motivated as I don't apply everything I read, but I can safely say these books have made me strong at moments when other people would break down.

My sister calls me a stone-hearted woman.
A friend accuses me of being emotionless.
A stranger would say I am heartless.

All the names cruelly thrown at me just because of one single reason - that I don't cry when I'm supposed to. The only time I cried was when I got stuck at Statistics. Sometimes it even gets me wonder, where have all the tears gone to. Am I really heartless? I do envy people who could easily shed tears, because they have the chance to let all the anger out, while I have to deal with bottled up feelings. 

But, no cry does not equal to no sad.

Source : Google.com
Reading motivational books, however, has greatly helped me to sail through the hurdles smoothly. I make myself believe that everything happens for a reason. Sounds cliche, but when you really make the phrase as part of your life, you'll notice how it can change the way you view complications, misfortunes and even hiccups. This could probably spare you one box of tissue, and one week of restless nights.

Right now, I am a predator who lost to another predator, which makes me a victim as I starve. But as I wade through the river with my grumbling stomach, I found others who are nice enough to share their morning catch with me. This may be too deep for anyone to understand, though =)

Anyhow, being at the bottom of a roller coaster makes me realise that I've got great friends around. For these people you know who you are thanks so much for being just you. Every word makes me a step higher, every smile makes my day brighter.

Sorrento, Italy
As Fergie says, Big Girls Don't Cry

6 comments:

amila said...

Sorrento ! good times!!!! :D

Farhana Ahmad said...

hello. sy suka ini. sama macam apa yg sy alami skrg. :)

laila said...

Yaz! totally i find myself more and more into self help books jugak nowadays. and less and less into novel. gotta mean were growing up hopefully :)

Awak, jom og US? milo pon, jom?

Y A Z I R A said...

milo & laila : please please please, we need to go somewhere again!! =)

farhana : hello. glad that you like it, dear.

Farhana Ahmad said...

mintak izin jadi pengikut ye. :)

Y A Z I R A said...

farhana : sure =D