Thursday, September 9, 2010

RAYA

The holy month leaves us just as quickly as it arrived. It's already 29 days into the month, and soon we'll be having our biggest celebration of the year. It's sad thinking that after Friday, the mosques will be empty. No more two-hour recitation of verses from the Quran, just sound of crickets gleefully cheering up the night. And another 335 days must pass before we see lights in the prayer area, and microphones in used again.

Successfully fasting has proven our devotion, yes, but that alone is nowhere near sufficient to gauge the distance between us and God. There's so much I could have done over the past twenty nine days but being imperfect, I tend to find excuses and lost. 

May Allah the Most Merciful forgive us all of our wrongdoings and shortcomings. And we are really blessed if we still be around for Ramadhan next year, insyaAllah.

Pic Googled

To my fellow muslim friends, Happy Eid Mubarak.
To my non-muslim friends, Enjoy the long holiday!!

3 comments:

Hafiz said...

happy hari raya, yaz

Y A Z I R A said...

selamat hari raya to u too!!

Y A Z I R A said...

selamat hari raya to u too!!