Monday, September 6, 2010

City of Lights

Show me one, just one, place in malaysia where you can find a giant conifer tree and a snowman standing ghastly all year round, be it sunshine or rain, with all accessories perfectly intact. Even when it's nowhere near Christmas, Noel, Navidad or whatever the world call it. Can't think of one?

Pat my back, hurry, cause I can tell you!! Here they are :



I think the pictures just don't do them any justice by amplifying their hideous side. Because to be honest, they are beautiful and ravishing indeed.

Anyway, wouldn't you just grab the opportunity to go up north to play with snow and make your own handsome snowman with twig arms and checkered scarf? Well, welcome to I-City! The 'city' is so lively and colourful and wonderful with lights at almost every inch of the land that you'll feel like being kidnapped by Santa Clause and brought over to his toy-making warehouse. The snowman for example, has the widest smile enough to substitue paracetamol for any relief of pain. And next to Mr. Snowman are a couple of penguins waving their flippers Hello to welcome visitors. And you'll get the chance to meet Santa's reindeers too!

Picture's a bit dark because of the lighting
What more interesting is, once you step out of the snowland and walk a few meters down the pathway, you'll find yourself in safari zoo looking at tigers and elephants and horses and.. many many more.



Then walk some more and you'll be in err... Chinatown? Couldn't agree more, the combination is really weird and bizarre. But when the camera's ready, just smile and cheese =)

Again, the light.
Ok, that's basically all. Now forget about all the nice sugary flowery words I've used before, as I think the Azwan Ali in me has emerged, hot and in rage. Let's be honest and straightforward. I don't usually complain about stuff but frankly, we were not there for so long and throughout the half an hour or so period, I was perpetually baffled by the whole purpose of this so called I-City. There were rows of empty shop lots, instead of any effort or signboard to explain its existence. Just lights on the right, lights on the left, lights in front and everywhere that will surely make you dizzy. So I went back and asked for Mr. Google's help.


Apparently, the new I-City which is located in Shah Alam is supposed to be the country's MSC. It's known as city of digital lights (aaahaaa!!) and offices will be stationed there in the future. Plans also include trendy shopping streets and (better) theme parks. At least that explains, right? But in my honest opinion, there's a long way to go before we can enjoy any shoppings hehe.

If you don't mind paying rm10 for entrance, by all means, do come and visit this place! =)


Does anyone have any suggestion of stopping my mum from matchmaking me with her friend's son!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, you can never stop her, Yaz. Lol

DynaTaha said...

Hi yaz! OMG now dah kena bayar RM10 for entrance??? dulu free saja.

Y A Z I R A said...

Hye Dyna! It's RM10 per car actually, I forgot to mention. Hehe. But still, it was free before kan? =)

Y A Z I R A said...

Nazir : it's killing me, u know. Yesterday she came back talking about her friend's son all night. hehe.