Thursday, September 2, 2010

hi.

Sooooooo....

HELLO MALAYSIA!!

Here, my fresh face leaving London. Hehe.
Ohhh this is so exciting! Despite the constant heat and sweating.
But that's normal right? I'll get used to it.
I arrived quite late yesterday, it was almost iftar time.

************************

I was so bored in the plane that I managed to write this :

While everyone else are having their, err..

breakfast if you follow uk time, or late lunch in Malaysia.

Anyway, while they are all eating, I have no choice but to sit helplessly at the smell of nasi lemak and the sight of cheesecake. Put the headphone on, select and play some classical album and here I am.. writing.

This feels like the shortest puasa day ever (it is in fact!). I had sahur seven hours ago (2am uk time) which I went to sleep straightaway after eating and only woke up when they turned the light on to serve food. And! guess what!! we'll be arriving in Malaysia in about one and a half hour from now (6pm Msia time), which leaves me only about two hours to go. woot woot!! Having used to fasting for 17 hours in London, what is ten hours of hunger right?!

Anyway, this whole journey is no pleasant. I'm placed next to the most horror mom in the world! I wonder when is she going to stop scolding and yelling at her daughter who is, too, annoying. Haha. O0ohh… I can sense another pair of eyes looking at this screen. Gotta go. Later.

------

Phew, ok. Now she's watching a movie. She is a very fierce and unfriendly lady, who smirked and made faces when I asked to borrow the newspaper. Travelling alone does not help at all. I am so unlucky that I ended up making friend with the steward (haha!) who gave me extra food for sahur, came every now and then to check if I'm ok, asked if I wanted to pray and even brought me to the prayer area. YES. you got that correct, there IS a muslim prayer area in the flight. Cool eh? it's just a small area with one prayer mat laid, and the space is covered by a curtain. 

And, when it was almost time to Imsak, he came to make sure I had enough water. And for someone who normally finishes the whole jug of water every morning, you can imagine how many times he had to come to fill the small plastic cup. Hehe.

Anyway, I've just finished writing the feedback for my boss which I'm supposed to submit before I left the office. I guess I'm just gonna email it to him. As written before, I went to the office on my final day in London.  Ironically (or expectedly) I was given more task to complete than I've ever had. It was my last day ok! And thee I was, struggling to finish the job, which actually held me back for about an hour plus the huggings and goodbyes. I didn't manage to fully finish it, but I left it for a colleague to continue. Ahh, that reminds me to email him the things that need to be done, as a departing gift to him I call it. Hehe.

I had to rush back hom, get the bags and left. We reached the airport at fifteen to eight, checked-in and broke fast. Then said farewell and went in. By the time I got in, they were already calling for boarding. I bought chocolates and rushed as fast as I could to the gate. And yada yada yada, here I am, again, writing. Hehe.

Ohhh!! One important note : If you're a student, flying with Malaysia Airlines, you are entitled to get an extra 10 kg of the original bag allowance. All you have to do is just show your student ID. Your extra ten kilo, however, needs to be separated from the original luggage allowance. Which basically means, you'll need separate bags.

Ok, better stow the laptop away now, we're landing soon. Malaysia, here I come!!


************************

Selamat Berpuasa Everyone! I'm still unpacking.
Pffttt can't wait to go to Bazaar Ramadhan today!!

My dad's first line 'Eh kenapa tak gemuk pun?' PAPA!!!

2 comments: