Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Internet

We hosted a small makan-makan session for family and close friends last weekend, just a day after we arrived from Jakarta.

Seriously, the family on my father's side is super mega huge and we are really loud too that you can tell the clan is coming from a mile away. We laugh like the world is ours, and we chat like there's no tomorrow.

picture credit to Nawal
It was really good to get to see everyone before I go back to the uk, which is surprisingly and strangely something I'm not looking forward to do. If only I could stay another week at home, I'll do anything. Anything anyone can think of.

Anyhow, the highlight of the day was not the food, nor the gossips or the newborn babies, but the EPL match that was aired live that evening. Came seven pm, the boys were already asking about espn. But sad to say, we don't have it. Being in a family of five ladies and a man, we have never subscribed to any sports packages on astro. My father is always too occupied with work and computer that he doesn't even bother to watch football. Or any other sports for that matter. So does everyone else.

When my brother-in-law joined the family, he has no one to watch football matches with, that he ends up going out with friends. How boring can a family be, right? Hehe. But don't worry, I'll find an MU fan husband to cheer, shout and scream with him =)

Anyway, disappointed with our espn-less tele, the boys decided to go to a mamak stall nearby. However, it was raining cats and dogs outside, plus everyone had filled in so much food that they encountered a really hard time to move around. Lazy bums these lot. In the end, they resorted to online streaming.


At this instant, I'm sure you must be thinking Ohh poor them, watch football online over the famous malaysian turtle internet connection that is slower than a slug. They'll surely miss all the key moments of goal scoring and red cards and send-offs and all the cool stunts. Pity pity them. Correct?

But, hang on there and save the thought for later.

Because, lucky them, we have High Speed Broadband at home! Thanks to TM, my father had HSBB installed a few months back. It only takes five minutes to download an episode of desperate housewives, ten minutes for a software update and half an hour to Toy Story 3. You can even watch youtube videos while it's downloading, no waiting required. Online streaming is made sooooo easy.


HSBB packages

I stayed with them for the whole match, listening to all the unfamiliar jargons. I bet I can produce my own glossary by now. Next time, I'll make sure I have football for dummies ready. And after two hours of go, go, go and yes, yes, yes I realised I had not eaten since morning *angry enzymes in stomach*


p/s : The safest place to go now is the US, while the UN assembly is taking place. Police officers will be shoulder-to-shoulder, guarding streets and buildings. Hehe.

I hate packing. Please.

No comments: