Friday, September 3, 2010

Bread-making

What better way is there to welcome loved ones home than the smell of hot homemade bread, fresh from the oven, wafting around the house in the morning? None! As this creates the memorable taste sensation that just reminds you of the childhood moments that took place under the same roof.

And I wish to humbly present..


Our homemade bread. Hehe.

Well, my mum has been pestering me with questions about breadmakers and bread in general for as long as I can remember. Can you find a good breadmaker in London? Can you bring one home? No! Too heavy ma! Did you know that commercial breads contain dangerous preservatives? Err.. yes mum! Instantly I knew there must be one neighbour residing within one km radius from our house who owns a breadmaker and has been feeding these moms with her soft, fluffy, preservative-free bread. AND that was when the competition began. Pfft, housewives these days...

Anyway, since I didn't bring much back this time, I decided to surprise her with a breadmaker. I carefully filled the box with bubble wrap, sealed it, tied ropes around and weighed it. Whoa! It took almost half of my bag allowance given. But.. I need and want to bring it back for mama. Fortunately I found out about the extra 10kg allowance explained in the previous post. And luckily I had a friend to help carry the box to the airport and I safely checked it in with the fragile sticker affixed. Hehe.


So yesterday, we tried THE breadmaker. And to my surprise, making a bread with this little machine is very easy like 1-2-3.

All you need to do is prepare the ingredients beforehand using the suggested recipe with measurement, put everything into the pan provided in order, place it in the breadmaker, press start, go upstairs to watch tele, do laundry, bathe and... come back to the fresh smell.

Here are the steps :

Step 1. Mix the ingredients


Step 2. Put the pan back into the breadmaker, and wait.


Step 3. Tada!!!


Step 4. Slice and Eat.


I learnt that in breadmaking, accuracy is vital. A slight change to the measurement might affect the result. Hard bread or soggy bread, you choose. This machine can also make various types of bread, and even cakes and jam! Cool huh? Seriously, now I think everyone should get this and save your family from the fatal preservatives added to the breads sold at your local grocery shop. You can even set the timer where you can prepare everything before hitting the sack, and wake up the next morning to a soft, fluffy, preservative-free bread just like our neighbour's. Hehe. Anyhow, I'm sure breadmaker is not impossible to find here in Malaysia. It's no alien. Good luck!


It'd be even better if this baby can make croissant.. and pain au chocolat. Hehe.

Guess what! Clumsy me forgot to bring her camera charger back.

No comments: