Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Genie in The Bottle

If I were granted three wishes, at the age of twenty two (read : still immaturely young), these are what I'd ask for:

1. A pollution-free world. Come on, who wouldn't want clean earwax and healthy nose hair? Hehe. Ok, those sound a bit disgusting. But, who in the world would reject the idea of having a strong heart and deliciously soft supple skin? a wacko

I want the air to smell clean and fresh. I want drizzling rain not thunderstorm. And I want to see snow in winter. And flowers in autumn. But most importantly, I want the sky and clouds to be clear. So that the moon spotter can skodeng the new moon tonight, and announce Eid tomorrow. I've never had the "yahoo!! esok raya" moment all my life. Have you? It's always, Ohh Eid is day after tomorrow and weep to another twelve hours of hunger. Hehe.

2. Bring Inception into reality. If only I can do that, I won't think twice of going into my mum's head and take the old overaged unmarried daughter picture off her mind. And if it still doesn't work, I'll saturate with images of everything else but a spinster. As Leo said, idea is the most resilient contagious parasite. True. My mum just won't stop talking about boyfriends and marriages these days, that it's driving me crazy. She would come back from a friend's house and talk about the son. Come back from the surau and talk about ustaz's daughter tying the knot. Come back from shopping and talk about a friend's son, again.

Hurm.. all I can say is I have enough love already in my life, thankyousoverymuch. I love my iPhone. I love my salsa class. My Parisian hotel - inspired room. My shoes. My Macbook. My Prada handbag. And at this rate, I wager you must be thinking she's better off being in love with inanimate objects. Is it wrong? You give your heart to a person, he/she breaks it. You love the objects, they'll stay until the cows come home. Unless you're the clumsy one to break or misplace them.

I'll make sure I'm at least 27 on my wedding day, rocking that plain soft pink satin dress. With nice car and house to brag about, and a career that gives me white hair. period. I didn't mean to sound cocky, but dream big.

3. Smile and Be Happy. When I got home last week, I placed a weighing scale in my sister's bathroom. She asked what is it for, and I said to weigh of course! Still not satisfied while putting the why-the-heck-did-she-put-it-in-MY-bathroom look, she asked defiantly, then what do you do with your weight? to which I answered, then you be happy with it la!


this is getting quite lengthy.

No comments: