Monday, May 24, 2010

Carboot Sale


My family used to stay in Swansea when I was little.

Sadly but true, I vaguely remember anything, apart from our school days, neighbours and the ride up and down the hill in my dad's mini car. I don't know what's the car called or the manufacturer, but he loved it too much that we all have to love it too, for the sake of not getting left at Staples or Sainsbury's. Ahh, good old days.

Anyway, one thing that has always been among my Swansea memories is the carboot sale we went in Cardiff. I soon learned that it's already a British culture to have carboot sales. I love it.

That was my first, and I was filled with joy looking at the toys and crayons and books. My mum was all over the crystal vases and plates. My dad, with his comics. And this time, my parents would let me have anything I wanted, because everything was so dirt cheap. As if I knew about the value of money back then.

I've never had the chance to go to any carboot sale since I came in 2008.

Until last weekend.

We were out for lunch, and on the way back home I jokingly suggested that we go to a carboot sale. I was referring to the one in Nottingham, as I suddenly remembered Laila telling me about it. And at that moment, I didn't put too much hope to find any in London. Turned out, there is one!! I was thrilled because it's only a few miles away, in Battersea. And off we went!

The weather, however, was not on our side that Sunday. It started to rain as soon as we arrived. Man grabbed a couple of CDs and we left.

But! The story didn't just end there!

Yesterday, we went again!! Oh, and we brought the whole troop too, the Bromyard Avenue boys.

It was one sunny, freakingly hot and dry day where all the Mat Sallehs were half naked. A feast to the boys eh? at 31 degree celcius, even I felt like tearing up my clothes, but thank god, I still have my brain.

These boys were burning in the backseat, I tell ya, but still able to pose for the camera.. They like it hot and sweaty. haha.



We went crazy looking for bargains and good deals. One lady wanted to sell me a Benefit Benetint blush for 20p. I've already owned a bottle at home, but for 20p, I say it's a real steal. It retails at £16, by the way. You agree with me now?


Then, to the park for lunch. A bucket of KFC fried chicken, a bottle of orang Tango drink and a shady spot under the tree, it was just the day out I've been looking for.

That's zul taking picture of me taking his picture. He wanted to try his new polarizer lens, or at least that's what I think it is, which brought us to the Battersea park lake. It was a disappointment! Pity him.

And the catch of the day

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A pair of high heel oxford shoes by KG. I'm one happy, blissful girl.

I'm off now. Study time. 3 posts in 3 days, not so bad for myself.
Pat me in the back, hurry =D

2 comments:

dllhsn said...

Yazira!!! i am soo happy awak dah mula tulis2 dekat blog balik! yayy!

haritu pergi uk takde carboot sale la. boo! (o maybe sbb its winter kot.haha)

n yess,cantik ok that shoes! tp kite x boleh pakai heels la, since ankle fracture dulu.haih

Y A Z I R A said...

Thanks Dilos!!

Hehhe, and that gives u a reason to come here again!!! kan?! kat sana ade carboot tak?