Sunday, May 30, 2010

Achmed


I don't really like posting videos on my blog, but there's an exception for this one..!!
I'm sure many of you have watched it, but for those who haven't, please do so.


Jeff Dunham is a very talented ventriloquist and stand-up comedian.
I bet my arms you would laugh from the beginning til the end.
There's another video of him which I like so much, Melvin the Superhero.

It's been our source of entertainment lately, with me and my friends going 
"I kill you!!" if we don't agree with each other.
"Stoooppppp touching me..." "I kill you" if we want to annoy people.
"Silence!!"
It's really fun!!

p/s : You might want to stop here. All of the below is my opinion solely. I beg your pardon if anybody gets hurt by the words of choice. I'm not try to preach, nor am I trying to provoke. 
And, don't tell me I didn't warn =)

Anyway, on a more serious note, my point of putting this up, besides sharing, is to ask if anybody feels uncomfortable watching the video..
I couldn't help but to wonder if there's any Muslim brothers and sisters out there who feel insulted by them associating us with terrorism and violence and of the sort.
Not all of us approve of bombing, massacre and genocide of course.
Those are only the minority.

I know I got a bit pissed off when my lecturer played Lockheed Martin's Second to None video and told the class not to be offended by what you see.
Then, he shot a look at me. And I could feel another 100 heads turning too.
Maybe because I was the only one in the lecture theatre wearing hijab.

By the way, Lockheed Martin is an advanced technology company whose biggest client is The U.S Defense. They provide jet fighters etc.
More or less like Stark Industries in Iron Man. hehe

Anyway, I also know some who feel ashamed to belong to our society, my society. Sad, I say they should be ashamed of themselves to ever be born into the world. Cowards them people who don't stand up for the things they believe.

Well, it's the world now.
Talk about the blacks, you call it racism.
Draw and talk about prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, it's the speech and press freedom.
Oh..

1 comment:

Naqiu said...

yaz! i ingat lagi my german friend last january die tnjuk video ni kat i..he said that its soo freaking funny..pastu i tengok je la..but smpai yg part terrorist tu, teros i rase mcm really offended and air muka i teros berubah! and he realised that! haha but at that time he didnt know that im muslim..

pastu pasal lockheed martin tu, video tu pon lecturer i tnjukkan dalam lecture! dalam business lecture!haha im just wondering lecture ape kuar pasal lockheed tu? haha