Friday, May 28, 2010

Bargain-ing

Gosh.

I just realised I've been to quite a few sample/clearance sales in the last one month.

Let's see...


First, it was the Armani sale exactly a month ago at High Street Kensington.

I received the email just the night before the sale. And it was stated in the invitation that the sale will start at 12pm. I wasn't too eager or excited to go, because I still had lectures and coursework deadline the following week but Man dragged me there. Since it's just 5 minutes away from school, why not.

Anyhow we planned to go there early to find the place and then grab some breakfast. Well, the story begins when we got there at 11am, and to our surprise the sale has already started.

My empty stomach was crying for food, but I was already an hour later for the sale! It's just unacceptable. So, I listened to my heart..... and we went straight into the building where the sale was held. *slap*

I saw a few handbags upon entering the room, but hands were all over them. Soon there's no more left. Frustrated, I went to see the shoes. Then accessories. Jacket. Dresses. Shoes again. and guess what?!!

There was a bag on the table!! Alone. Just one. And if you think Flash Man is fast enough, I think my hand was faster grabbing the bag. But then I saw another woman's hand on it. At that moment, I remembered Rebecca Bloomwood.


Pulled the bag hard.. and SCORED!!
Boooo!! The bag is mine.
I didn't take any second look at it and immediately went to the cashier to pay.

Once home, I found out that the interior is pig skin lined... *sob sob* and the jeans I bought have broken zip pull..

£&%^(&*^@£$% !!!!

I didn't stop there though.

Then, the Valentino private sale I went with Ika. She blogged about it here.


I am never a Valentino fan because I think the designs look a bit too old for me.


Never mind the expression, I was trying to remember where did I see this brand in Malaysia.

Aaahh.... SOGO!! But those are rather cheap. why are these soo effingly expensive...??
Later I found out from my sister that there are a lot of Valentinos in this industry, and some lines are in the higher-end while the others are more affordable. Because she once bought a Valentino bag for my mum which only costs around RM150. Hmm, it's a common surname in Italy, I guess?
Or, was my sister just trying to pull my legs?
Either way, I don't think I wanna know..


Next, there was Paul Smith.


This one, I found out on the day itself and within 40 minutes, I was already there. The ladies corner was only 20% of the whole room.

It was quite disappointing but I went back with the best piece of clothing I've ever owned. It's a polka dot shirt which stays perfectly on my body, like it's tailor-made for me. Even better, it's of Paul Smith Black range which normally costs around £150.

The fourth would be La Perla. I've had my experience written down, and it was funn!!

And the last one is REISS sample sale.

It was the one we've been waiting for so long... We had sleepless nights because of this. I wrote about this on Ika's blog. Haha. This is not the first time I hi-jack her blog, by the way.



while waiting for Ika to pay





All in all, which girl can say no to shopping?
We even have own own terms, such as "retail therapy" which I believe isn't in any doctor or psychiatrist's dictionary.

And come to think about it, I won't get this opportunity in Malaysia. ok, maybe rarely. but I get this a lot here, why not take the chance..? This will be one of the many things I'll reminisce later.

The girl who did damage to her bank account,

1 comment:

Y A Z I R A said...

@aliyah : hello there!! i soooo understand the need to crash a stranger's blog here =) anyway, there's a lot of websites where u can sign up for newsletters and get invitations. and sometimes if you go to one, they'll ask for your email so that they can buzz you on future sales. and, another way is to become a member of individual company, like mulberry and anya, cuz they have member sales once in awhile. i went for fashionconfidential.co.uk. hope that helps =D fun reading ur blog btw.