Monday, January 10, 2011

The Looong Way Back

Confession : I am never good at writing reviews or giving feedback or ratings for that matter cause I tend to say everything nice, sugarcoat the words, and be ready to give three thumbs up if I have enough.

But anyway, please believe me this time when I say Peter Wier's latest film is epic! It's called The Way Back - trailer, and it's based on a (controversial) true event. The story is about a group of prisoners  who escaped the brutal gulag prison in Siberia and braved 4000 miles from Himalaya to India, on foot. They went through sunshine, rain, snow and dust storm for months, risking getting caught by the soldiers and recognised by the villagers.


The movie is basically about their journey which started with seven people, each with their own function to the group. However only a few made it to India. It's a mixture of giggles, sorrow, pity and smiles altogether in two hours. One minute you'd be laughing and the next you'd find yourself holding back tears. Then the next couple of minutes, you'd find you heart beating quickly.





Current obsession. Adorable, isn't he?
Having been tortured and taught about survival at obs three weeks ago, and going through the desert while in Morocco last week, I believe I could understand a little bit of their hardship and turmoil. Haha.

So, why wait? Drag you friends to the cinema this weekend :)

Oh, another Instagram produce.. It's soo addictive, I tell you.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Saya rasa blog saudari ni sgt menghiburkan.. Saya ulang2 bc setiap 2 jam.. Refresh2. Hahahaha