Saturday, January 22, 2011

Feminism

I arrived home late yesterday and received a call from a good friend whom I haven't talked to for months. We had a very long catching-up session about each other's lives. After an hour or so, I was ready to say goodbye when he suddenly brought up the topic about current affairs and general awareness.

According to him, women don't need as much general and current affairs knowledge as men do. Or in other words, women just don't care.

I was stunned by that statement and at midnight, he must be seriously trifling with my nerve. So, I asked him to prove that he knows better than me on what's happening in the world currently.

He started : Ok, financially .. the uk .. high inflation rate ... banks .. eurozone crisis .. speculations .. 

I know that. checked.

He then continued : In the States .. Arizona killing .. congresswoman Giffords .. rehab .. mentally ill man ..

hey , I know about that too. checked.

Next he explained : China .. Taiwan .. communism .. army .. the Koreas .. pirates .. 

And I know those too. checked.

He gave a few more on Malaysia and stopped : That's all I think. All the famous stories you should know.

Then I took over : So mister-I-know-everything, tell me what's happening in Tunisia as we speak. *silence*

I asked again : Or Sudan perhaps, since it's more widely covered. *silence*

Him : Haha, fine. You tell me :) yahoooo!!

Ohhh.. here's another Instgram produce. Gosh, am I an addict now? hehe. At this rate, I'm sure all my photos will look oh-so-nostalgic by the end of next week. I keep converting the pictures in my phone using this application.


Anyway, what my dear friend doesn't know is that I get digital copy of The Times every morning in my Kindle. Oh yes, I have one now and I'm loving it to bits!! It's so light I can read while standing in the crowded tube on my way to school. No more digging up for coins to buy newspaper every day and no more black carbon fingerprints.

Feminism, girls? High five!! :)


By the way, I just found out that the guys at work read my blog. So hi guys!! *waving at them*

10 comments:

Aini said...

cool!

Y A Z I R A said...

aini : haha!! padan muka, kan?

Hanafedora said...

My friend said the screen of kindle is actually catered for reading? Does it makes your eyes watery after reading it for hours like iphone does? I want one!

milo said...

I love kindle! but I just wished they have an option of turning on backlight for night-reading.

Farhana Ahmad said...

rasa macam kenal the guy. so padan muka dia jugak. heheh

Y A Z I R A said...

hana : yep, the screen is not the glass type where you can see your reflection when the device is turned off, but it's ink-like. so, it won't hurt your eyes even after hoursssssss of reading hehe

Y A Z I R A said...

milo : tu la, I guess they want to make it as close to a book as possible hehe. mana ade buku ade backlight.

farhana : hehe :) high five!!

f a R said...

they're stalkers! i pun tengok my page tetibe ramai pulak from UK yang baca lol

Y A Z I R A said...

far : haha! tu la, i didn't know, then suddenly one night they were talking about my blog. so funny.

Naqiu said...

yaz, yg kindle tu if bce on the tube no connection 3g then how?