Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The 70's Bottom

While he was a young man in his twenties, my father used to be handsome, masculine and fashionable. Why? Because I found a picture of him wearing bell-bottom!! Hip and so in trend oh-kay! Haha. With his big curly hair, old school glasses and a cigarette in one hand, he's got the complete package to woo the layday.

Shessshh.. I bet he was one of those nerdy-yet-naughty type of boy. Hehe.

Bell bottom. Source : Google.com
Nonetheless, my father is still a handsome young man he is today, whom we all love dearly :) But thank god, he doesn't have a son to hand down all the hippie-summer-of-love gene to.

Anyway, looking at the bell-bottom era about thirty years back, I've never really liked this style and has been wondering why is it deemed as the most revolutionary in the fashion industry. To me, the super wide flare is a little bit odd.

But who am I to say such thing and criticise others' interest, right? They might look at today's jeggings like an alien's malfunction wardrobe.

However, a few days ago, I stumbled upon this picture of Yoko Ono, and I have to admit I'm quite impressed with the bell-bottom. She's definitely given a new characteristic to the pants, which I just can't explain what and how. Perhaps it was the john-lennon-peace-protest timing, no?

Source : Google.com
And when I saw bell-bottoms on these celebrities, I became immediately infatuated with the whole super wide downwards pants. I'm totally inspired..... hehe.



Pictures : Google.com
I began hunting high-and-low for this kind of pants. But it was so difficult to find THAT pair of jeans that lengthen my legs, haha!! Cause in my eyes, the wide flare always makes me look shorter, for some reason.

But I finally found this gem by 7 for all mankind, and I'm loving it ! (albeit the huge thigh in the picture)
YAYAYAYY!!!


It still haven't given me the naomi campbell height though (boo!!)

By the way, it's really creative how the celebrities up there pair the jeans with stilettos instead of converse sneakers like it used to be in the 70s. It does make a statement and I'm gonna try it one day (if I have the courage to, hehe). And you will too, right?

Seriously, you guys should all buy one bell-bottom and we can go jalan-jalan together!! :)

6 comments:

amila said...

omg kelakar gila jeans tu a little bit panjang for you.
my case every single time. HAHA

Anonymous said...

I thhink boot cut looks better than bell bottom...

Anonymous said...

Gmbr last tu posh bekham eh?? Hahaha

Y A Z I R A said...

mila : haha!! sedih kan? I can never buy a pair of jeans here without having to alter them. hehe

Y A Z I R A said...

anonymous : I think both look good :) it depends on how you wear them I guess. kan?

FlareCentriks said...

wow cantik bellbottom tu..love it... hey i also love bellbottoms...u can see my blog