Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Bath

As soon as we exited the highway marked with a big Bath signboard, I asked them so, what's so beautiful about this place that I hear about all the time? while looking at the trees, fields and winding roads.

Some ten minutes later, I was already taking back my words because what laid before our eyes was the most spectacular and breath-taking scenery of valleys, houses and blue sky I've ever seen. We were being taken to another country, so I wanted to believe, back to the 18th century.



We were enjoying, and totally immersed in, the picturesque view when it slowly turned dark outside. There goes the sunshine and blue sky, which is something rare in London nowadays. I'm really sorry that it's beyond my vocabulary to describe the inarguable beauty of the place that has mesmerized me completely. Too bad we didn't come earlier or it would have been a perfect moment off the busy busy lives we have in London. The peace of mind we've been yearning for.

Anyway, the real reason of running away from the city noise was to send Ben for his first day at university. Talking about little boy all grown up now huh. Lucky him, Bath is so relaxing and peaceful, just the great condition and environment to study while witnessing the real English countryside and its authenticity.


Much to my disappointment, however, there was nothing traditional about the buildings within the school compound. Modern architecture, glass and steel. The library is fully equipped with high-technology that we could have never guessed it was a library if it wasn't because of the rows of encyclopedia and a bunch of nerd smart looking people carrying books on both arms.




He settled in just fine, heartily welcomed by the housemates.

Sadly, it was a really short trip. I was still jet-lagged that I fell asleep on the way back. And I awoke to the sound of ambulance siren and lively streets. A typical city life.


No comments: