Saturday, March 26, 2011

Which one are you?

One good thing about doing engineering is that we get group projects all year round. Ok, liar obviously. But studying in an international environment means I get to work with people of different cultures, different styles of working and different manner. I've been in groups where mostly are Asians, mostly non-Asians and a mix.

These two conversations I had reflect both of the extremes.

conversation one
person A : i'm leaving now.
me : sure. so what time tomorrow?
person B : is nine ok for everyone?
all : yea.
the next day, the first person showed up at 12 o'clock.

conversation two
person A : it's getting late, let's call it a day.
person B : okay. tomorrow?
me : yea, shall we meet up at ten??
person C : that early?!
me : fine, half ten?
person A : hmm.. okay...
the next morning, everybody was there by 10.30am.

I'm sure you can tell which belongs to which group.

I hate to generalise as it's rather unfair to judge someone by their geographic upbringing, but I also wasn't implying anything bad here. There's always a trade off in every situation; the people who come late are very hardcore - they don't mind working until late night to finish their work, and the people who come early must leave at five every day.

I'm feeling lucky to be able to experience these things.

Anyway, on a different matter, after three years of studying here, I've picked up my most valuable social knowledge. I learned that there are two people in the world; those who rise after a fall, and those who keep falling.

So, which one are you?

Happy Holiday :)

2 comments:

dllhsn said...

i think, im a bit of both side. hehe

Y A Z I R A said...

dilos : me too. *high five*