Wednesday, March 9, 2011

When Opportunity Knocks ..

You Open the Door :)

I've been reading a book about how desire, and desire alone, can make you successful and rich. A few pages into this theory, I became a little bit skeptical. A few chapters later, I was able to see the logic behind it after a bunch of examples.

But, without motivations, how far can desire bring you? That, I leave for you all to think.

Anyway, it was Pancake Day yesterday. A very sinful day of ice cream, oreos, succulent fruits and everything sweet.


If you look up in the book or google (as some of you might have done already), Shrove Tuesday as it's originally known is related to Christianity. So, here's a note from the writer : We weren't celebrating, it was just an excuse to get these gentlemen to accompany me to My Old Dutch, whose pancakes have been haunting me for days. It was pure coincidence. Pure. Hehe.

As expected, there was a long queue outside the shop that was visible even at 1km away. And we did exactly the stupidest thing to do at that moment, joined them. Desire, people, desire.


After half an hour, we were inside at the waiting area. I was so hungry and I swear I could hear the guys' belly grumbling while they pretended to be busy with the phones.

Ten minutes of pretending to be so deep into the home decor magazine passed so slowly and finally, a table was cleared. It was time to remove the mask, as monsters we were!!


a minute after ..


The pancakes are so huge that you'd go back a happy man :) If only I could make that big of a pancake, I wouldn't have to wait for this day next year to get them to go again. hMm.. one slice of those is like the size of my whole kitchen ! Minus the big tong sampah at the corner, hehe.

Anyway back to work, now. Back to reality.

2 comments:

Soraya said...

OH MY GOD.... I WANT TO GO THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! take me there take me there pleaasee, when I come down to London. MMMM PANCAKES!!

Y A Z I R A said...

soraya : u're already at my house at time of writing. haha. we'll go tomorrow :)