Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Cold Cash

At a very young age of twenty three, I feel so blessed to finally have the opportunity to own a property in Knightsbridge, one of the most upscale and posh areas in London.

Nobody would've thought that I'd be able to pay for the house myself, using money from my own account, through persistent hard work. 

The bank had been really helpful in every step of the tedious process of acquiring the property. And, after much tolerance and patience, we eventually came to an agreement through


monopoly!!

Haha. Okay that was a lame introduction, but I was so excited after years of monopoly-less life. And seeing the board in front of me a week ago was like seeing an angel from heaven.

Whenever no one was free to play, I used to play it against another player online, but most of the time, they quit before the game ends. Don't ask me why as I've been baffled by this very unacceptable behaviour as well, hehe. 

So for a decade, I was left counting the very wee amount of money in my bank account, the only physical cash I have.


Anyway, after years of fasting, I have already forgotten and was unsure of most of the rules. So I asked around.

Question : How to get out of jail?

Answer 1 : Role two dice and get same side on both.
Answer 2 : No! Pay $50 to bail yourself out and miss a round.
Answer 3 : No!! Miss three turns then you can move.
Answer 4 : No no! Just miss one turn.

And the best answer would of course be this, 
Just bribe and pay the bank laahh - we're Malaysian waaat. That's what we do.


It's so funny how each of us had different rules when we were kids. I guess the rules were all cooked up every session to make the game more interesting and to give a little emotion in the environment. 

Don't tell me your heart doesn't sound like Harley Davidson's engine when you land on that space with a big question mark? Or when you land on another player's super expensive space with four houses and a hotel? Well, I do. Without fail.


Someone just lost big bucks there. Hehe.

Ohh!! We played monopoly at Hamid's house and were actually there to celebrate his birthday. It'd be unfair if I didn't put a picture of birthday boy and his cake.



Anyway, Easter break officially started two weeks ago and I've be procrastinating. Playing games, watching movies, going out.

u.n.h.e.a.l.t.h.y !!

Happy Monopoly, peeps!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i knew it! monopoly,