Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Trafalgar Square

I love working in the city,
I have no complaints whatsoever. Really.

The tube ride in the morning gives me a little hint of independence.
The overflowing inbox and emails to the counter parties makes me a little bit more efficient and organised.
And learning non-technical stuffs adds a little flavour to the mundane daily life of this engineering student.
Overall, I love it here. I do.

But, I just hope I wouldn't have to start working four days after I finished exams.
If only I could turn back time, I would've rejected the offer to come into office straight away.
I would've delayed it. Too excited back then, maybe?
I wished I had more time to spend with friends.
Be it to visit places, or just hanging out at home.
Especially Man.

If only time machine does exist,
I would've gone back to three weeks ago.

I'm sorry to sound too whiny, it's the hormone. Hehe.

Okay. Enough of that.

Anyway,
The office was rather empty and quiet today.
The bosses were not around.
And I didn't have much work to do.


I arrived at nine, 
sent some info across to commercial department,
checked incoming invoices,
read and replied emails from BG and Dragon,
couriered out invitations and goodie bags for our upcoming event,
and watched Humza playing with his new iPhone 4.

The rest of the morning?
Joined Gavin admiring Humza's cool iPhone apps.

There was no point sitting in the office anymore,
so I dragged myself to Trafalgar Square.
At least I could find people with different actions there.
People who don't keep on checking his new iphone every two seconds.
People with words other than invoices, zero send outs, gas price, nominations, etc.
And the weather was just perfect.





This place, by the way, brings about thousands of memories.

My first time here was almost twelve years ago,
with my family, when we were staying in Wales.
I remember feeding the pigeons.
And running about with my sisters.
Dad taking pictures of us chasing the birds.
Laughing.
Oh, Old times.


Then, I used to come here with Man.
During the winter evening.
There was no pigeons anymore.
But the dark sky was as beautiful as ever.
We just sat there by the fountain, talking.
It was our first date.
I think? Hehe.

But now, he's leaving the country for good in a couple of weeks.
And I won't be seeing him for the next twelve months.

Anyway, I can see the office from here, in case the boss comes back.
Then I need to rush fifty miles per hour. Hehe.


Ohh, and they're setting up the big screen for world cup final !!
It's this Sunday.
Ina will be here, we can go and watch. Weehee.


So,
Espanyol vs Holland?
Germany / Holland?
We'll find out tomorrow.

Went back to my workstation after lunch,
And what did I do fo the rest of the afternoon?

Exchanging apps with Humza. Haha.

No comments: