Friday, November 19, 2010

A Weekend Away

It was unplanned
We talked about the trip on wednesday.
Bought the tickets the next day.
And left on friday.

But we knew we just had to go somewhere.
Before studies starts overloading.
And coursework starts swamping.
And exam starts haunting.

Well, life has no wherefore I'd like to believe.

So I packed my bags after class,
Took the underground train to Euston,
Went to collect the tickets,
Waited for Apen, and off we went.
All the way up to Manchester.

She was the tour guide. A FIERCE one. haha.
I daresay, I fell in love instantly with the city.
It resembles London so much, the vibe, the energy, everything.
Minus the morning overcrowded tube.
They even have Piccadilly and Victoria, see?!!
We spent the weekend "chillax-ing" and having some good times.
I'm not sure how prevalent the term is, but we like to use it.
A LOT.
Hehe.



In front of Old Trafford
Anyway, my darling Yasirah repeated the same song,
throughout the whole stay.
Five times and again.
Ten times and again.
Twenty times and again.
Gradually, the lyrics took its spot in my head.
Total Eclipse of the Broken Heart.
The Westlife version please, ladies and gentlemen =)

And I got this as a souvenir. Ain't it just adorable?


Toodles ~

3 comments:

Hanafedora said...

HAHAHAHA ur the first one I heard that love manchester the city.. Most of the people go there because of the football club.. I hate it there, full of hooligans.. But I love the big shopping mall..hehehe

Y A Z I R A said...

hana :
takde big shopping mall pun?
oh wait... the trafford mall ke?
it's soooo huge kan!!
and, I think the city betul2 macam london taw,
but much more calmer and less hectic.
I like it !!
u pegi sana mesti kena teman ur husband pegi stadium je kan? hehe

edzmar said...

dude, its total eclipse of the heart :p